Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Education 2020 Student Access

This is a re-post from July 2011:

I have spoken to Lawrence Stroughter principal of Plymouth Educational Park, Angel Garcia and Ion Celtson of Education 2020, Leo Papa, IT Director Canton Public Library. We couldn't find anything wrong with our computers, our network, firewall, windows plugins, etc., that would prevent students from logging into E2020.

I asked if I could get a login and password to test this with someone at Education 2020 and Ion called me back with a login to test. We were able to successfully login, from all three floors, several times, without any problems. Now with that being said, after a successful login, a popup box does appear on the screen. This is a certificate error on their web site that Ion stated they are fixing this. A student must click on "Run" to continue into their school desktop. If the student clicks on the "Cancel" button then they will be logged out. They will get this at school and are already used to seeing this.

Bottom line, students can log into education 2020, from any of our computers, on any floor!

Frank.

No comments: