Saturday, October 18, 2008

Internet Librarian - Preconferences Day 1

I went to a great session this afternoon -- 130 web tools in 160 minutes! Okay, this may not float everyone's boat, but I thought it was very exciting. I'm coming back with two applications we can use to send LARGE files to folks and avoid our e-mail limitations. Over 50% of the tools were Firefox add-ons or applications so I guess I need to start loving Firefox more. There were tools for all of you -- Alice - MapMyRun.com reminded me immediately of you. Cathy --You Tube RSS Trick will create updated feeds from You Tube for teens. Youth librarians - take a look at LookyBook.com. You can imbed free online books right into your web page. My lesson learned today is that new innovations are happening faster than ever. Each year, I am exposed to more stuff that I've never read about or heard about in blogs or online. Enough for today. Tomorrow I've got to be in shape for 9am call for Podcast Bootcamp. Wish me luck!

No comments: