Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Final Day of Internet Librarian, sigh

Today is all about social networking tools - why we should have them and when to use them. It all boils to down reaching our patrons where they live and play - online for many of them. My next session is all about Twitter. This is a microblogging site - close to IM'ing in many ways, but you have to also be on Twitter to get that instant effect. Eva and I have ended up tweeting from a thousand miles and two conferences away, so this can be a neat tool -- but also pretty mindless. I hope I'll get some new insight on its use in libraries in this upcoming presentation. See some of you on Sunday - the rest on Monday.

PS - Ann Arbor District Library and Canton Public Library are on Twitter. Check them out!

No comments: