Monday, January 29, 2007

New Database Trial

We are taking part in a database trial for Gale's new Small Business Resource Center from now until February 26, 2007. While we already own most of the periodicals included in this product, there are a large number of books included that we don't have in our collection. Please take a look at the format. I like the new technique of showing the sentence or phrases in which the keyword appears in the magazine articles. It puts it in context before we click on the entire article. Our Gale Rep. will be meeting with several of us in early February to discuss pricing with our TLN discount. Please use it when you do reference with patrons who might be starting small businesses and let us know how it works for you! Find the link to this product on the Intranet under Database Trials.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I really enjoyed using it. The context feature is a real time-saver. It appeared to me that the images in the articles were of a much higher resolution than I've seen in other databases.