Monday, November 21, 2011

Language Database Revisited

Usage of our Mango Language database hasn't been as high as I hoped, so we're doing another trial of the Gale PowerSpeak Language database.  We tried it a few years ago, but since then I understand they have improved it.  It has recently been selected by the U.S. State Dept. as the program they use for their employees.
The direct URL for the trial is: http://www.galetrials.com/default.aspx?TrialID=23220;ContactID=55413 .  There is no username or password.

Please post your comments to this blog and we'll discuss our recommendations at a later reference meeting.

Thanks,  Kathy

2 comments:

Holly Hibner said...

I like it! The activities are more fun than Mango. It is more interactive. I see that you can create a log-in with Powerspeak Languages just like you could with Mango. Does it keep track of your progress the way Mango does?

Ron Elkin said...

I do like this better than Mango. That never seemed to make proper use of the technology, it was more of a new medium for rote lessons. Powerspeak has activities that make better use of the computer.