Find news of interest to the entire staff at Plymouth District Library. Please join us in contributing to this blog!
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Underground Railroad Folder now in VF
In preparation for this year's Wilcox Foundation Essay topic on the Civil War in the Plymouth Area, I requested several photocopies from older journals on the topic of the Underground Railroad in Michigan. There are four reprints now in the VF under local history - file folder marked "Underground Railroad." Thanks to Sean for making copies (I have originals) and creating a new folder. Encourage students to photocopy them rather than check them out since there's not a lot of info, although they actually do circulate for one week. I also ordered two newish books last year on the Underground Railroad in Michigan - The Underground Railroad in Michigan by Carol Mull and From Midnight to Dawn; the Last Tracks of the Underground Railroad by Jacqueline Tobin. They are currently checked out by a student working on this essay topic but are normally shelved in ANF 973.711 area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment