Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Database Trial

I'll admit it right off the bat - I'm excited about this product !!  However, I doubt that we can afford it.  Having said that, I'd still like to have you take a look at it.  While most of you won't quite be as stary-eyed over it as I am, here goes... DETROIT FREE PRESS HISTORICAL !!!!  WOW - coverage is 1831 to 1910.  This takes us right through statehood...the Civil War....and Spanish American War.  By the end of 2009, ProQuest has promised coverage up to 1922, which would include World War I.  In browsing the database briefly, I already found references to local names such as Starkweather and Sheldon.   Enough of the hype..... just please give it a look.  Link and password are on the Intranet under Database Trials.  We have the trial up for 40 days - until the end of November.  I'm hoping we can use up all 700 logins by the end of the month!  Comments to Kathy.

1 comment:

GrannyPam said...

Well, I love it. But, I love anything historical...