Find news of interest to the entire staff at Plymouth District Library. Please join us in contributing to this blog!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Greetings from Internet Librarian Conference
In my first preconference, I ran into the librarian who started the Flickr 365 Libs Project - and felt compelled to confess that our library never finished it. I actually used the word boring to describe it. Oh dear - by the end of the afternoon, I left my Digital Photographer BootCamp ready to start our project all over again. After seeing what other libraries have been doing with their photographs to promote themselves, I know we need to step up and do more. One of the really important things I learned is that in a public buiding there is no expectation of privacy legally, so we should be taking more pictures of people. The only exceptions are in the staff area and the restrooms - duh!!. Some public libraries include wording about photographs right in their programming promotional materials and sign up sheets, although they are not required. It was a very interesting and informative start to the conference. Check out my blog for a more detailed explanation of this session.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment