Find news of interest to the entire staff at Plymouth District Library. Please join us in contributing to this blog!
Friday, March 30, 2007
Interesting Reading (for a least a few, I hope)
Okay, so this may not be every librarian's dream of a hot read - and, if fact, some of you may use it as a sleep aid - but I found several interesting facts about the Library of Congress and their Digital Transformation. It is described in the testimony of our current Librarian of Congress, Dr. James Billington, in front of Congress. Just scanning this text will give you an idea of the projects completed, those planned, and those in jeopardy (as well as some interesting facts on the average lifespan of a typical web page.) The most interesting paragraph, I think, is The Library of the 21st Century. We would all do well to read at least that one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment