Monday, February 4, 2008

New Reference Wiki

When I attended Internet Librarian Conference this past October, I came away with the desire to have a wiki here at PDL. Wikis are great ways for a number of people to add to one site and share their collective knowledge on a variety of topics. With much input from our Reference Assistants, the new PDL Reference Wiki has been launched ! It is linked right from our Intranet page - button is right above the one to this blog. Please take a look at our humble beginning pages and start thinking about information YOU can add. Please email me and I will be delighted to add you as an author. Hopefully, this new tool will be a help to everyone staffing the service desks!

3 comments:

Kricket said...

this is a great idea! I'll start thinking about what I can add...

Jennifer_H said...

I love this tool. I was impressed with everything that is already on the wiki. I'm excited that PDL is so technology-driven. It prepares us for future success.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to add something about our Saturday Tutors. I've got their comment sheets and that could be used in a small blurb on tutoring.