There is a new Gale product called Books & Authors, powered by "What do I Read Next" that we are looking at during the month of February. One of the unique features of this product (which we can't do during the trial) is the ability to customize it with local events, highlight certain topics such as Black History Month, and have our readers create their own reading lists, post reviews, and personalize the page to suit themselves. Please take some time to look at this product, create your own account, and work with the various components that make this database unique. Then, let me know what you think of it. Find the link on the Database Trials page on the Intranet.
Thanks, Kathy
2 comments:
I'm impressed with this database. It's very simple to use, and I love the vast wealth of information available. I know that many "What Should I Read Now" type databases have flaws, but the Who, What, Where, When browsing feature of this database has so many subjects that I am pretty astounded. I tested some of it, and the results were pretty good. There are alot of options to choose from to find your perfect book. I know it isn't a perfect science by any means, but this is an impressive database. I also like the Awards section. It's easy to find the award winners of all the different book awards that we are asked about especially at reader's advisory. I give this database TWO thumbs up!
I especially liked the feature that ties book reviews to a title. I also like that you can make your own reading list. The interface has a nice layout too.
Post a Comment