Thursday, September 13, 2007

Still More Infotrac Specialized Databases

With the new MeL contract, it seems like we've been given access to a whole new selection of topic-specific Infotrac databases. Some of them I've already added to our subject Web Resource pages. See the Religion, History & Home Improvement pages to see what I've done. I will add any that might be useful to our pages, but there are quite a few areas that we don't cover in our subject links - - such as Ariculture, War & Terrorism, Information Science, Diversity Studies etc. These I will add at the bottom of the Database List web page under "Specialized Databases."

If you would like to see a complete listing of these collections, click on the blue Search Magazines button on our home page. When the PowerSearch screen appears, click on the Change Databases option in the upper right section of the page. You will then see a complete list of all Gale products we receive. The new ones are at the bottom of the list. By the way, Chiltons.com is already there and you can use it.

1 comment:

Jennifer_H said...

I'm really impressed with these new InfoTrac databases. It seems that we are offering great materials that rival Universities. I really loved to see the Information Science and Library Issues Collection database!