Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Database Trial

I asked for a trial of Credo Reference and it's now up and running. This is a general reference database that received high reviews from both Library Journal and Booklist.
You can view a complete list of their resources online, but libraries can pick and choose which titles they want to include in their subscriptions. For example, we could pick any 200 titles for about $2500 per year. They offer over 400 full-text titles in their collection.


One of the really nice features is that it has links to our databases and catalog right on the search page. Please take a look at this product and get back to me with your impressons, recommendations etc. Trial runs through June 30th. Link is found on the Database Trials page as well as here. No username or ID needed since it is IP recognition.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I went to the credo booth at ALA and was really impressed by the database. It has lots of extras, like visually showing the branches of subjects and how they fit. Very good for narrowing down or broading out a subject for a paper.

Cathy said...

I visited the Credo booth at ALA and spent time with a salesperson. I was very impressed by the all the things you can do, I'd say it works a little different and would require some training to get the most out of it, but it I like it. If we get it, I think we should really promote it to students.