Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New Trial of Newspaper Database

Proquest's Newspaper Direct PressDisplay gathers papers from around the world and displays them in full color image online. Currently there are 650 newspapers included in the collection in a multitude of languages. Today's issues are displayed, but there is also a two month backfile with keyword searching. Find the URL as well as password infomation on our Database Trials link on the Intranet. Please give me your comments. Price is just over $1000 if enough libraries join for MLC pricing.

2 comments:

Jennifer_H said...

I think this is a wonderful tool to have because of the vast amount of different newspapers being offered. However, navigation of the pages is a bit tricky.

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that people can access newspapers in so many different languages. I too, however agree with Jennifer that navigation is a little tricky. I took me a minute to find out how to get back to the homepage to do another search.