Find news of interest to the entire staff at Plymouth District Library. Please join us in contributing to this blog!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Database Trial Time Again
It's that time of year again - vendors want us to take a look at their "new and improved" products. This time it's Associated Press's Image Database. They realize we used to get this and stopped our subscription several years ago, but would like us to see the new search engine associated with the collection. For those who have never seen this product, take a look at it. It covers over 100 years of history. Find the link along with username and password on the Database Trials page on the Intranet. We have this trial until Sept. 15th, but I don't have pricing for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I tried this new database and found it to be interesting. It is a nice tool to have for those interested in finding pictures or graphics of present day and the past. I found it to be easy to navigate and enjoy.
I was a big fan of it last time but Google's image search has come a long way since then. I don't presently find it more useful than that which we can already access for free.
Alice
Post a Comment